- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5cm num ginger
- Jackfruit Marinade Spices (1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp turmeric)
- 1 TBs vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tin of Nature's Charm Young Jackfruit, drained, hard core removed, deseeded and shredded with clean hands
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 TBs oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1.2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBs ginger, minced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 TBs tomato paste
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- small bunch coriander stalks, chopped
- Curry Sauce Spices (1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp ground cardamon)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 green capsicum, diced
Preheat oven to 220C. Put the jackfruit marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Place the shredded jackfruit into a bowl and pour over the marinade. Let the jackfruit marinate, while you prep the ingredients for the sauce.
In a small pot, bring 2 cups water to the boil, add rice and simmer on low for 15-20 mins until water has cooked away.
Spread the marinated jackfruit on a baking tray and bake it for 20 minutes or until starting to brown.
Warm the vegetable oil in a pan and add the bay leaves and cumin seeds, cook for a minute, stirring until fragrant. add the onion and cook until translucent, then add garlic, ginger and green chillies cook for 2-3 mins. Add the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes.
Add the coriander stalks and Curry Sauce Spices. Add the coconut milk and green capsicums, mix it into the sauce and let it reduce slightly, 5-7 minutes. Add the jackfruit and stir gently. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the curry over the basmati rice with a garnish of coriander. Deeeelish!